Monday, August 5, 2013

Back To School Essentials

Hello lovelies! First off, I must apologize for my absence! It feels like its been forever since I put up a post! But now I'm back for good! School is fast approaching here in Florida, and I go back to school on the 15th of August! Of course, the only reason I get excited about going back to school is because I get to shop for all kinds of fun school supplies & accessories! Since its my senior year, had to go all-out of course! Here's what I grabbed for back to school as well as some of my other faves:

1. Backpacks & Totes

I have more recently begun to favor totes over backpacks, because they seem to get more use outside of school. But I still love all the cute prints and styles that backpacks are available in! 

My favorite backpacks that I've ever owned were made by LeSportsac. Although they are a little on the pricier side, they hold up really well! My favorite styles are the basic backpack (which retails for $92-$116) and the voyager backpack (which retails for $116-$148). Oftentimes the best prints can be found by looking on eBay! That's where I bought my basic backpack, while I bought my voyager off of the LeSportsac site. Another great thing is that all LeSportsac bags come with a matching pencil bag! 
I found these recently on eBay, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was obsessed with all of them!

Basic Backpack with Red Medallion Print

(Photo credit: Ebay Listing)

Basic Backpack with Pink and Black Gingham 

(Photo credit: Ebay Listing)

Voyager Backpack with Navy and Pink Stripes

(Photo credit: Ebay Listing)

I also love chevron & monograms, so it probably comes as no surprise that I'm obsessed with this backpack from Preppy Monogrammed Gifts! It's a really great deal at only $36.00! You can buy it here


This tote is what I'll be sporting come the first day of school. I love the fabric of jute bags and the versatility of the solid color. But, the monogram is an adorable touch that I couldn't resist! I scored mine from the shop Sydney Kate Designs on Etsy! I went with the bubblegum pink bag and a white thread monogram. Get yours here.



I purchased my first tote from the brand Scout last year, and I have totally fallen in love with the company! The bags hold up really well and have such cute, preppy prints! Last year I purchased the "Uptown Girl" bag and it was the perfect size. I'm obsessing over this adorable print from this season! You can get it here


2. School Shoes

I have to admit I may have gone a bit overboard in this category! As you probably read in my post about Rue La LaI scored some great deals on Sperry Top-Siders which always have, and always will be my favorite shoes for school. They get a lot of use outside of school, and they always last more than one year! They are totally worth the money. I also had been obsessing over the Tory Burch espadrille flats, so of course I had to add those to the school shoe collection! 

Sperry Top-Sider Original Metallic Boat Shoe in Platinum Gold


Sperry Top-Sider Quilted Boat Shoe

Tory Burch Weston Flat


3. Lunch Box

I've been using the same Lilly Pulitzer lunch box in Desert Tort for almost 3 years now! So it was most definitely time for a new one! I absolutely died of excitement when I heard that Lilly was coming out with lunch totes in the sought-after Tusk In The Sun print! So I put in my pre-order as soon as the website would allow me. I just hope it makes it to my house in time for the first day of school! Pre-order your own here.



Another lunchbox that I love is the pink seersucker monogrammed box by Monogram Chick. It's a great price at only $22! One of my good friends has a bag very similar to this, and she loves it! Get yours here.


4. Tech Accessories 

My school is recently encouraging tablets in class even more than before. While I'm partial to Lilly prints on my tech cases, I've always wanted a case that had a bluetooth keyboard for easier note-taking in class. As always, the heavens answered my prayers (simply a joke-I didn't actually pray for this!) and Lilly has come out with a printed bluetooth keyboard case! I chose to pre-order the First Impression print. I think one of my monogram stickers from Sew Southern Designs will look great on the iPad case too! Pre-order your own Lilly Pulitzer iPad case here

That's all for now! What are your must-haves for back to school? Have a week that's as fab as you are!
XO,


No comments:

Post a Comment