Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Back & At My Best

Hey y'all! Long time no see!

It seems like it has been months since I posted, and while it isn't quite that bad, I still feel as though I have really fallen behind. I have been crazy busy and I just didn't have time for things like blogging which I love so much. 

This is a time in my life full of change, and it am loving every minute of it. I finished my final high school classes and exams about three weeks ago and it feels great. I finished strong, and I can proudly say that "senioritis" did not wreak havoc on my grades after all.


I never cried on my last day of high school, but two weeks ago I had my last night at work and I actually did cry later that night after my shift. It's amazing how much I loved working there and how much I care about all of my coworkers. I never imagined what a great impact my job would have had on my life when I started there over a year and a half ago. I love all the people I've met so much, and I don't know how I'll ever repay them for the lessons they taught me and friendship they gave me.

The day after my last night at work, I had a flight to London to catch! Talk about a crazy weekend. But my flight actually ended up getting delayed then canceled so I spent a total of 40 hours in the Philedelphia airport with 30 of my classmates. I'd rather not go into the details because it was a definte low point in life, but basically I drank about 15 coffees, made two trips to the airport gap for comfier clothes, resorted to pushing two chairs together in a terminal so I could lay down, had a planking contest with 3 of my classmates (and won by the way - shoutout to my trainer), used an entire bottle of dry shampoo in hopes of my hair only looking mildly depressing, did yoga from a YouTube video with my best friend in the middle of a terminal, and walked around the airport approximately 6 times (I now know the map by heart - pinkberry is in the food court, chipotle in terminal F, gap is where concourse C and B connect - pathetic I know). Highlight was when one of my teachers arranged for a sketchy white van to pick us up from the airport and take us to downtown Philly so we could get some fresh air about 30 hours into the experience. I think I may have cried when I saw a tree and heard birds chirping. I also gained a whole new appreciation for the ability to shower and the privilege of sleeping in a bed. But basically we made it and I spent 10 days in England, Ireland, and Scotland! Posts coming throughout the week with the trip recap!


Did I mention I graduate from high school on Thursday? I have also talked myself into going on a one-month health focus that includes exercising every day, cutting carbs, and banning sugar. I felt that in honor of eating poorly in Europe and graduating high school, it was the perfect time to focus on improving myself!

While my life is full of changes, I have never felt more true to myself. Honestly, being stuck in an airport for 40 hours forces you to come to terms with who you are. I am back from my blogging hiatus, and I can't wait to share all the exciting ups and downs of my summer and beginning of my first year of college with y'all! 

XO, 



No comments:

Post a Comment