Friday, June 6, 2014

So Long, Highschool!

Last night was that evening I have been anticipating for 14 years, my high school graduation! I have been attending the same private Christian school since I was four, and last night marked the end of my career there. As Elle Woods said, "We Did It!" Rather than sharing all the semi-boring details of the ceremony, I thought that this experience was best expressed in photos.



At my school, the girls typically decorate their graduation caps so I decided to join in the fun! I loved how it turned out and got so many compliments on it!



My favorite part of how I personalized my graduation evening was that I monogrammed my graduation gown! I have never seen it on Pinterest or Instagram and nobody at my school has ever done it, so perhaps it was a first? I'm not sure about that, but I do know that I loved how it made me stand out and be unique. Several underclassmen girls came up to me after the ceremony and said that they wanted to monogram their gowns next year too, so perhaps my legacy will carry on!


My best friend Haily and I coordinated our Lilly dresses and graduation caps so that we'd match perfectly! She has such a kind, caring heart and I am blessed to have grown so close with her over this year.



Many of my underclassmen friends came to the ceremony to support me, and I was so happy to have them there as well. Overall it was a wonderful night, and although it's bittersweet I'm glad to "kiss" high school goodbye!


XO,

3 comments:

  1. I love how you monogrammed your robe- so adorable !
    - SQ, Snapshappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is too cute!! Love your decorated graduation cap and monogrammed robe! I didn't even know you could do that! Congratulations on graduating!

    Amy
    www.amybelievesinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Love the monogrammed robe! You are a gorgeous girl!

    Please check out my blog! xo
    http://monogrammedmidwesterner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete