Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Life Lately

Hello & happy Tuesday!
Life has been crazy lately, partly why I did not blog much last week. So, I thought I'd fill y'all in on all the busy, fab, and fancy fun I had while I was on my mini blogger hiatus!

On Tuesday I turned 18! Wohoo! It was the best birthday I have EVER had! My friends went way above and beyond in honor of my big day and I felt so special. If you can even believe it, this photo doesn't even contain all of the goodies I received. The final total was a batch of brownies, three bouquets of flowers, 6 balloons, a sheet cake, 18 regular cupcakes, 12 mini cupcakes, a batch of funfetti cookies, 4 macarons, and a comfy pair of sweatpants from Victoria's Secret. The craziest part of it all is that this was just to celebrate my birthday at school! Most of my friends said they had gifts for me when my actual birthday party rolled around. The highlight of the whole day by far was when my friend Atlanta who I did the Blogger Breakfast In Bed with surprised me by creating a Gossip Girl themed scavenger hunt all around school! All in all it was such a sweet, special day and my friends went above and beyond what I ever would have imagined!



Also for my birthday I grabbed myself the C. Wonder Signature Tote which I am obsessed with! Be sure to read all about these fab bags here.



On Wednesday I did something very rare and took a "mental health day" and stayed home from school {ok, I basically just skipped}. I never EVER do that, but I was so exhausted and I was just getting over being sick and it was no fun to do homework the night of my birthday either, so I decided that a day to myself was much needed! I finally got out of the house later in the night when I met my friend and went for a walk around Worth Avenue and the beach.


Fast forward to Friday and my momma & I were outlet mall shoppers! I had no school so it was the perfect day to go shopping. It was grand opening day of the new Palm Beach Outlets and we were super excited to finally have an outlet mall only 20 minutes from our house. I was most enthusiastic about the J. Crew store for sure. You can follow this link to see me on the local news talking about the outlets opening. I was a little disappointed because while caught up in all the excitement of being on camera, I ended up sounding like a tad bit of an airhead. Oh well!


Perhaps the best part of the entire day was when about 10 minutes to opening time, they opened the front door early and I excitedly rushed in! I was walking around the store gathering my favorite and sought-after items such as the scalloped dress and pixie pants when I noticed that everyone else was standing outside the store still. The manager walked by me and commented that the staff meeting would be starting in five minutes. I was very confused and then I realized what had happened just as she did! She smiled and told me that she had thought I was an employee! Luckily, she was super sweet about it and she even let me continue shopping around despite the fact that they were not even open yet. It was an experience I will never forget and I guess I can truly go down in history as the first-ever customer at J.Crew's Palm Beach outlet! Stay tuned for a post later on about all my finds from the outlets. This was my outlet mall shopping outfit, I guess I understand why they thought I was an employee!

Blazer & White Pom Pom Tank: J.Crew   |   Jeans: Michael Kors
Flats and Crossbody: Tory Burch   |    Mug: Alice + Olivia for Starbucks

My daddy also surprised me with this beautiful flower bouquet and sweet card for Valentine's Day. He's the best! Dad, I know you're reading this... thanks & I love you!


On Sunday I spent some time finishing up this great book! It was such a fun read with so many twists and turns, I would absolutely recommend it to anyone, it was simply charming!


The rest of my weekend was filled with work, babysitting, and homework, but luckily I had no school on Monday either due to President's day. I enjoyed going to the beach with one of my close friends Jordan which was such a relaxing time. I haven't been to the beach in what feels like a million years so I actually ended up slightly sunburnt...oops!


Now enough with all the fancy fun, I am back at school today! Hope y'all are having a great start to your week!

XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment