Thursday, June 20, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Nutella Cookies

I am completely obsessed with Nutella! It is so yummy! These delicious cookies have been a family favorite ever since my mother and I discovered the recipe a few years back! I assure you that you won't have any problems finding someone to eat them, rather you won't be able to make them fast enough!

What To Get:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. table salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup Nutella (be sure to chill the Nutella beforehand)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Finely chopped hazelnuts 

What To Do:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & place parchment paper on baking sheets
2. Whisk together in a bowl & set aside: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
3. Beat butter & sugar in a mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes
4. Add eggs one by one, being sure that each is fully mixed in before you add the next
5. Add the Nutella & vanilla
6. Add flour mixture in two parts, mix until combined (but no longer!)
7. Form 3 Tbsp balls of dough & roll in the hazelnuts (you will need to press gently in order to help the nuts stick to the dough)
8. Place dough on sheet. Bake for 15 minutes & be sure to only bake 6 at a time.
9. (My Tip): I like to use a flat baking sheet that does not have edges, and after the cookies come out I pull the parchment off the cookie sheet & onto my granite countertop carefully. This helps the cookies cool faster & will also allow you to put a new batch of cookies onto the sheet!

I hope you love these as much as I do! Good luck with your baking! If you are saving any for friends, I assure you... you'll need to put a "do not eat!" note on them... and even then, I can't promise they will be safe!
As always you can contact me with any questions! Have a fantastic weekend, and make some nutella cookies for somebody you love!
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment