Thursday, July 10, 2014

Television Talk

Happy Thursday Y'all!

I never watch TV... I just don't. It's not about the fact that I have something against it or that I purposely try to avoid watching it, I just have so many other things to do! I have been spending most of my summer at work or with friends. In my free time though, I love the beach. But when storms set in and I have to stay inside I typically choose to watch movies or read books. 

There are a few things that I do watch on TV however, and I thought that y'all would be interested to hear about it (because it is quite the eclectic mix of shows). 

{Via fansided.com}

With my family I watch both the "Colbert Report" on Comedy Central and "The Five" on Fox News. I like how both shows take a lighthearted approach to discussing the news, and I much prefer that to watching the real news! I actually really don't like watching the news at all because it always makes me feel very depressed or scared or all of the above! But the way that both of these shows discuss the topics is great for me because I can be aware of what is going on in the world without being weighed down by negativity! 

{Via uncommonshow.com}

Right now I only watch these shows maybe twice a week and I just try to watch it if I happen to be home, or my family will watch a recorded episode during dinner at night sometimes! I'm sure that in college I will be pretty bad about keeping up with the shows since I won't be able to record it on my DVR anymore, but I will definitely make an effort to see each once a week!

{Via warnerbros.com}

The one show that I am truly obsessed with is the bachelor/bachelorette. I started watching back when Ben was the bachelor and I have been hooked ever since! I did not watch much of Juan Pablo or Desiree's seasons because I was not too fond of either of them, but I am loving Andi's season! Sean's and Emily's seasons were my favorites so far, I think mostly because I related so much with both of them! I definitely will be spending my Monday nights watching the show in college, and I've already met a few girls that will be going to Furman who are bachelor fans... maybe we will have to have a little viewing party on Mondays!

What are y'alls favorite TV shows?
XO,

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way about the news!! My mom is always asking me if I heard about such and such that is happening on the other side of the world---no, I have no idea what's going on because it's scary and depressing and I like to pretend it's not going on!!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I was like you, unfortunately I am one of those millions of Americans who spend WAY to much time in front of the tube. (I'm hoping to change this habit when babycakes comes around, don't want that bad habit to rub off)

    I am with you on the Bachlorette though, I actually go to 'Bachlorette Nights' with a group of girls and it gets pretty catty sometimes - I love it!

    ReplyDelete