Monday, November 25, 2013

Start Today

Hello lovelies!
It's almost turkey time and my tummy is SO ready! Thanksgiving is one of my fav holidays because you can always expect a wonderful day full of time spent with family and friends. Although some may be surprised by this, I am not a fan of holidays that center around gift-giving. I think that retailers have transformed the holidays into something purely materialistic and I think that is practically a crime! Holidays are about family, enjoying the little things, and taking time to appreciate all that is good about life. But enough with that rant! Ha!

Today I am talking about something which I believe in VERY strongly. As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Git 'R Done!" So now that y'all are sufficiently confused... I shall explain!

This quote is a perfect place to start.

2 reasons why this quote is one of my favorites:
1. I am an admitted Gossip Girl addict. I'm in stage 5 of GG obsessors anonymous so don't mess with my progress! {Just kidding, I'm not even on stage one}.
2. I feel that it truly sums up the way I feel about life!

Too often people act like if they just sit at home thinking about how badly they'd like to be successful, they will be. Or if someone has a dream, of any sort really, that the path to their dream will just land on their front door step. No, no, no. Wrong, so wrong. That will happen 1% of the time. Life is short, why would you go around waiting for something?

Want to be a famous singer? Stop singing in your shower. What do all grammy award winners have in common? Yeah, that's right...they sing somewhere other than in their shower.
Want to become a highly successful entrepreneur? Stop sitting around thinking about all of your ideas. Go out there in the world and make things happen.
Even on a smaller scale, are you tired of how your life is right now? Don't like your friends or how they treat you? Unhappy with your weight, or with your style, or with your reputation? I can tell you one thing for sure, sitting there being unhappy about it will ensure that it never gets fixed. Go and do something.

At one point in my life, I had some friends that were less than "friendly." They hurt me, I cried, I forgave them, they hurt me again, I cried again, and forgave them again. Then I woke up one morning and said "Casey, what is wrong with you?" Obviously me forgiving them and just doing what I was already doing was NOT solving my problem, so why on earth was I doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results? So I told those people that I was going to go somewhere in life, and if they wanted to be part of it they were either going to have to start acting like a friend or I was going to just move on. I doubt anyone has ever said anything like that to them before. Some of those people weren't going to be there in 5 years, and I knew it, so I decided that I'd let them exit the show early. So they aren't in my life anymore. Others were true friends who just didn't know they were hurting me, and now we are closer than ever. Oh wait... did you catch that? My problem got solved. Want your problem solved? Start today. Start right now.

If you want anything, yes I mean anything, it's possible. I'm not saying you're gonna have it in two hours, two days, two months, or even two years, but I'm telling you that if you wake up every morning and just get things done that put you in that direction, you'll scare yourself with how well things turn out. Enough with my pep talk. Make a to-do list, call that person you need to talk to, schedule a meeting, write your novel, do whatever it is that you need to do.

I always look to this quote when I'm trying to do something. "I didn't set out to be unusual or different. I just wanted to do things my way." -Lilly Pulitzer
So what do you think? How do you want things to be done? Start doing them that way.

I know what you're thinking... can you thank me in your acceptance speech? Duh.
XO,











This post is the second in a series about my view on life. View the other posts here:
1. Be Blessed, Not Busy

No comments:

Post a Comment