Friday, November 1, 2013

October Recap

Hello lovelies! It's Friday AND the first day of November, do days get any better?! Also, happy first day of NOVEMBER! It is so hard to believe that October is already over, and I hope you had loads of halloween fun last night, I know that I did!

I thought that an October activities recap was necessary, and being the 10th month, I thought that choosing 10 fabulous favorites to share was beyond appropriate!

1. Lunch Party!



One of my lunch table girls, Emory, turned 18 and we threw her a party at school during lunch! We all wore fun hats, ate cake, and sang happy birthday! Since we were at school there is only so much that we could do, but I think that we made the most out of it! While the rest of the lunchroom stared {out of jealousy, obviously!} we just enjoyed the festivities of our little fiesta. It was such a fab way to celebrate her special day and I think we will have lunch table parties for all of our future birthdays!

2. My Return to Blogging


After a two month absence, I finally started blogging again! I have really enjoyed starting up the blog again and I hope that I will be able to keep it up all year through school {things can get pretty busy!} I just love being able to share my thoughts with y'all and it really is one of my favorite things to do in my free time.

3. My Best Friend's Sweet 16!



She is two years below me in school, but she is without a doubt one of my best and closest friends! She turned the sweetest of all ages, sixteen, and had the most fab party to go with it! Her family rented out a local nightclub and she had a Lebanese-themed soiree complete with food, belly dancers, a palm reader, a henna tattoo artist, a DJ, dancing, and so much more! It was such an amazing evening to spend with friends and get dressed up! This photo of is me and one of my best friends, Atlanta.

4. College Touring



I toured my last round of colleges this month, and it was such a fun time with my parents! I toured Elon, went to an open house event at Furman, and drove through High Point {mostly just for fun though}. My aunt lives in Charlotte so we also got to spend some time with her while we were on our trip. I also went to a Furman football game against Appalachian State which was a total blast, and they won! {Go Paladins!}

5. Luke Bryan Concert



Luke Bryan is by far my favorite country singer, and his concert was nothing short of perfection! The night was opened by Florida Georgia line, who I also love, so it was such a great time! I went with several friends from school and it was a fantastic night of amazing music and wonderful friends.

6. Rebuild Groups



As a senior prefect at school, I have the amazing privilege of mentoring a group of 7th grade girls! The basis of the program is for the senior leaders to teach the younger students to build their lives on the rock, Jesus! Thus the name, Rebuild! Our leader Mrs. K is so adorable that she even ordered us yellow hard hats to decorate and wear for our first meeting with our groups. How cute is she? It was really such a sweet time and I am looking forward to becoming closer with the girls throughout this year. This photo is of me and all the other lovely senior prefects that I get to work with!

7. Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness!



My cheerleading team has been wearing pink uniforms at all the home football games this month in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. It should not come as a surprise to anyone that knows me, but I ADORE this uniforms! The pink is so cute and I love that we are wearing them for a good cause. Some football players were even sporting their pink socks on the field!

8. Speaking at Honor Society Inductions



As the President of my school's Science National Honor Society, and Vice President of the National English Honor Society, I had the wonderful opportunity to speak at the Induction Ceremony {and get dressed up too!} I was really so proud to be speaking as a senior because I really feel that I have accomplished so much during my four years of high school.

9. PayDay Cupcakes



My school has a Boutique and Trunk Show every year where local and nationwide vendors come to our gym, set up displays, and sell all day long! 10% of the sales are donated back to the school, so it is really just an all-around great event! The vendors are always so cute and consist of everything from hair bows, to designer handbags, to jewelry, and more. But as an added plus, there is a bake shoppe at the trunk show which is stocked with delicious goodies made by parents and students. The treats are sold for a small price, and all profits go back to the school. I was invited to bake for the shop for the third year in a row {I was so truly thrilled!} and I believe the cupcakes were a hit! The cupcakes were "PayDay," which was salted carmel and peanuts. They were soo yummy!

10. Trick or Treat!


I know, I know, as a seventeen-year-old I probably should not be trick-or-treating! My mother thinks I am crazy, but I don't care, I am a child at heart! I decided that this is my last year for sure, so I figured I would go out with a bang! Since I was probably too old for actual trick-or-treating, I decided to participate in a local church's trunk-or-treat event. I handed out candy and also played with some adorable little children. Of course, I was dressed up! I was a pink fairy princess, complete with a tutu, tiara, and wings. It was so much fun and was a great last halloween of high school.

Hope y'all had an October that was as fab as mine! That's all for now!
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment