Friday, March 14, 2014

A Little Anxiety And A Lot Of Thankful

This post was completely unplanned and spontaneous, but I felt that it was necessary. On Tuesday I was just really feeling overwhelmed. Lately, it has felt like none of my teachers are on my side anymore, and they almost seem to think I don't care about their class anymore. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I am very conscientious of my grades and I love to learn, so it hurt me that my teachers are acting in this way. On Tuesday I just completely lost control of my emotions. After one of my teachers accused me of not participating in class and said that I deserved a zero on an assignment (which I DID NOT deserve at all), I just completely lost it. I began crying hysterically in front of my teacher which was completely embarrassing, and I think I scared the teacher to death. They apologized and explained that they drop the lowest homework grade each semester, so that I should not worry. But I still felt so stressed and out of control.


I left and went toward my next class, still crying in the hallway. I was at my locker getting my things for my next class and that's when God gave me a huge blessing. For those of you that are reading and are unfamiliar with my high school, this may seem unbelievable and unusual. In the total of 1 minute that I was at my locker, 3 of my friends noticed my distress and rushed to my side to hug me, comfort me, and reassure me that it would all be okay. To top it all off, one of my teachers saw me crying and she also came to my side and gave me a hug and said that God has a plan for me, and she made me feel much better by informing me that I got a 100 on my test that I took the day before!


I just cannot stop thinking about how fortunate I am. I am surrounded by some of the most loving and supportive people I have ever met, and I think I take it for granted too often. It also worries me that next year up at college I'll be by myself, with no familiar faces. I'm sure I'll make friends fairly soon after getting there, but it will take some time to develop friendships like the ones I have here at home. I also can't imagine that my teachers and other faculty members will care about me the way mine do at my school now.


It's easy to take things for granted, especially if it's something that you're used to always having. I need to take time to be thankful for the amazing people God has put in my life, especially as I will be leaving them all so soon. I loved the way God opened my eyes this week after my rough day Tuesday, it has really caused me to appreciate the amazing people I spend time with at school every day.

Are there things that you take for granted that you need to stop and be thankful for? I encourage you to do so this weekend!

Happy Friday!
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment