Saturday, March 22, 2014

Things To Do In Palm Beach Part 1: Restaurants

Hello and I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. I will be doing a three-part series on places to go and things to do in my hometown, Palm Beach. I have received so many emails and comments from all of you asking me to divulge my favorite spots...so without further adieu, here it is!

Please take note that these suggestions are not all on Palm Beach island but most are within at least a 30 minute drive so that it would be easy to get there if you were staying in the area. I have lived here for my entire life (18 years) and my parents have for 25 years so we definitely love and know this area very well. Also, my girlfriends and I love going out to eat so I try far too many restaurants. If you have yet to figure out that I'm a total shopaholic, let me assure you that my shopping suggestions will not disappoint either! 


Today I will start with one of the most important part of a vacation: the food!


If you're looking for a great view: 
Jetty's in Jupiter or E.R. Bradley's in West Palm Beach
Also I must suggest two other options in Jupiter: Guanabanas and U-Tiki-Beach. Jetty's is by far the best of the three, but there are some big differences that may impact which you choose to try (depending on what you are looking for). Guanabanas has decent food but the atmosphere is unbeatable. You literally feel like you're in a rainforest or in the Caribbean somewhere. Definitely avoid this place if rain is in the forecast, though, as there is limited seating under cover. U-Tiki-Beach has the same owners as Jetty's but the food is far more affordable and it has the same view because it is right next door. I actually have been at U-Tiki the past week training new hostesses (because I work at another restaurant owned by the same company} and I have really enjoyed trying all their yummy food! Go for Jetty's if you are looking for a nice dinner, go for U-Tiki-Beach or Guanabanas if you're looking for something more casual.

If you're going for brunch:
Nick and Johnnie's and Testa's on Palm Beach
They are right next door to each other and both are yummy for a brunch! When deciding I would suggest to just peek at both menus online to see what fits your taste best, because both are excellent. If you are looking for a more classic breakfast for a more decent price, Nick's 50s Diner in West Palm Beach is delicious and so is Blue Moon Diner in Jupiter.

If you want the "Palm Beach" ambiance:
Ta-boo, Palm Beach Grille, and Leopard Lounge on Palm Beach 
My biggest tip with all three of these is that reservations are a must. Make your reservations in advance, too! As soon as you know that you're coming to the area, call and try to book something so you don't have to worry about calling and trying to get in while you're here. Ta-boo and Leopard Lounge usually have pretty good availability and reservations can be made a few days ahead, but Palm Beach Grille is always so booked especially if you don't want to eat really early or really late. Without a doubt Ta-boo is my all time favorite restaurant. The ambiance, the food, the service, I could go on forever about this place. If you only listen to one thing I mention in this list, listen to this! It is pricey but well worth the money for the experience. Palm Beach Grille has very delicious food, and their Jumbo Lump Crab Cake salad that comes with avocado and grapefruit is possibly my favorite dish of all-time. Going to the Leopard Lounge at the Chesterfield Hotel for tea is a must. I had my 16th birthday tea party there and it was wonderful, I highly recommend spending an afternoon at this gem!

If you want an unforgettable meal:
Food Shack and Leftovers in Jupiter
I really cannot begin to emphasize how amazing the food is at these restaurants. They have the same owners and it is obvious in their unique dishes! I can't begin to explain it - just go. Look at the menu online and you will be completely blown away by the creativity and variety in their dishes.

If you want to grab some dessert:
Sprinkles Ice Cream on Palm Beach and Gelato Grotto in Palm Beach Gardens
Sprinkles is such a fun little place with so much character. It's the perfect place to stop after a day spent exploring the island or laying on the beach! Gelato Grotto is great because you get the low-cal bonus of gelato, plus it's super yummy! They make all of their gelatos in-house and it is a great place to go after dinner if you want a light treat after a heavy meal.

I hope that y'all have enjoyed learning about my favorite places to eat, and most of all I hope that it helps any of you planning to visit this area soon. There are so many amazing restaurants around here (over 100 on PGA Blvd, where I live, alone!) so it can be super difficult to choose, but I am confident that I've narrowed it down to a good selection.

If you have any questions or if you want to suggest somewhere I should try out, please don't hesitate to leave a comment, I love hearing what y'all have to say!

XO,

1 comment:

  1. Hello and I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. I will be doing a three-part series on places to go and things to do in my hometown, Palm Beach.
    Web Development in Orlando
    Web development in West Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete