Thursday, April 3, 2014

Can't Stop!

I am really such a strange individual in so many ways. One of those ways is the fact that I cannot stand being at home! It's nothing against my parents or even my house, I just simply love getting out of the house. Unless I have overworked myself and I need a rest day {which don't happen frequently enough!} I refuse to be at my house for more than 3 hours on a weekend {unless I'm sleeping of course}.

Some people consider themselves to be "homebodies" but that's just not me. Even if it's just to go pick up some groceries, I'll gladly take any excuse to get out of the house. But lately, I have been far too busy to be running around like that and I've actually come to enjoy spending a little time at home here & there. 

My schedule has been wild lately due to taking on some changes at work, so for the past two weeks I've been going straight from school to work and staying until 10pm or even later sometimes! The longer shifts at work have been wearing me out more too. I completely love all of it though and wouldn't change it for the world, so I have to sacrifice somewhere else. Instead of doing things all weekend long, the past two weekends I've been looking toward afternoons spent at home. 



I thought I'd share with y'all this photo that I recently posted to my instagram. It perfectly highlights what I've been trying to do lately. Even though I'd much rather go out and do something, I have been trying to relax and pamper myself in my free time. So, last Sunday I snapped this photo while I was spending an afternoon snacking on berries, sipping a cappuccino, painting my nails, and looking through the J. Crew catalog that had arrived during the week but I had been to busy to read.

I think sometimes you need to force yourself to do something out of character, but it can be good especially if it's something in your best interest. Some of you may need to focus on the complete opposite issue, trying to get out of the house more. As for me and my outings, I simply feel like I "can't stop!" but I'm slowly learning to. Over time I'm becoming more thankful for the opportunity to rest.

XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment