Monday, April 28, 2014

Confessions Of A {New} Bookworm

Confession time y'all. I hate reading {or so I thought}. I'm not sure if it was the boring assigned reading books all through high school, the busy schedule, or just disinterest, but reading has never been something I enjoyed. About a year ago I began reading Joan Rivers' Book, I Hate Everyone, Starting With Me, and I immediately knew I had to buy myself a copy. It was so hilarious, and was honestly the perfect thing to read when I was stressed out.

After that, I decided to read The Help because I had heard so many great things about it and somehow I still hadn't seen the movie. It took me awhile to read, but I really loved it. 

Then more recently, I have really picked up speed in the reading department and I have completed White Girl Problems, Mating Rituals of the North American WASP, It's About Your Husband, and The Fault In Our Stars. Somehow, I keep going through the books very quickly and totally loving them! I already have a very long list of all the books I want to read before this summer ends. 

I think the key to why I suddenly enjoy reading is mostly because I am doing it on my own time. In school, I was always rushed to complete a book very quickly, so I rarely had the chance to enjoy it. Also, I could never choose the book myself, so I was always often stuck reading something I really had no interest in. 

I would recommend to any of you that either have not been reading much lately, or feel that you dislike reading to get into a book and see what happens! Talk to some friends for recommendations and choose a book that will capture your attention. You'll be glad that you did!

Do any of you have suggestions of books that I should read? 

XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment