Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Beauty Must-Haves

I feel like I am constantly being asked about the beauty products that I use, especially my face and eye makeup. People think I must use extremely expensive brands, but in reality that's not quite the case. My favorite beauty products are a mix of deals and wallet-emptying items. Trust me, I really have tried it all. I've tried far too many products from the department store, the drugstore, the dermatologist, and Sephora. But I've really narrowed down my favorites and LOVE the things that I use! So if you're looking for some new beauty products to try, start here! Click the photo for links to all of the products.

Beauty Must-Haves
















1. Essie Nail Polish in Lovie Dovie
This color is my ultimate go-to! It's the perfect shade of pink that makes me feel like a fab cross between Elle Woods and Barbie.

2. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM
This stuff is THE BEST! My dermatologist suggested it years ago and I've been using it ever since. It really moisturizes your face without making it oily, which is a fine line. 

3. Perfume: 
Lilly Pulitzer Wink
I wear this on days when I want to feel happy, optimistic, and well, like Lilly Pulitzer herself. 
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Perfect for those days I feel like a spoiled diva who is totally fabulous. But hey, don't we all have those days?

4. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin
La la love this stuff! I used Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Wash for years, but switched to this about a year ago and have never looked back. It's a funny story actually. My father uses the Cetaphil lotion and  one time he bought it in a pack that included the face wash, so he gave it to me and I figured I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did because my skin has been amazing ever since! For a long time I felt like I needed my face to feel dry or exfoliated in order for it to feel clean, so it definitely took some getting used to in order to use such a gentle cleanser. 

5. Mascara:
Bad Gal Lash Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics
This is the best mascara in the world. No joke. When I wear it I honestly feel like I could conquer the world. Prepare yourself to be in shock when you see the brush. ITS HUGE. The only downside is the price. Which leads me to....
Maybelline Falsies Volume Express in Blackest Black (not pictured above)
This is definitely much cheaper than Bad Gal, but it produces similar results. My only advice would be to avoid the waterproof as well as "black drama" versions, because in my experience both are prone to clumping... and who wants clumpy lashes? Not I.

6. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
Not much to say about this bottle of magic, other than that if you don't use this... get a mental health test. No other makeup remover even compares. 

7. Foundation: 
Simply Ageless by Covergirl & Olay (Color: 225)
I use this as my "base coat." When I'm just running out I only wear this, and it still covers everything so well. The best is that it is SPF 22 so it protects your skin! Also because it is Anti-Aging it is very moisture-rich so my skin looks smooth, rather than pasty. 
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder (Color: Natural Ivory 20)
I use this on top of the Simply Ageless. I find that when I wear that by itself, it tends to become really shiny and somewhat sweaty-looking after several hours, and also does not stay flawless all day long. On a typical day I leave my house at 8 and I'm not home until around 8, so I need my makeup to last as long as I do.  I've noticed that when I wear this powder on top, it helps keep my skin looking great all day, and prevents the oily shine too.

8. H20+ Apricot-Peche Shimmering Body Souffle 
One of my friends on my cheer team gave this to me as a birthday gift in middle school, and I have been obsessed ever since. It feel so wonderful on your skin and has a touch of shimmer - and everyone should know by now that I am all-for some added sparkle! The best part is that the shimmer doesn't look like tacky little sparkles on your skin, it just really does make your skin glow and shine. I tend to have dry legs, and this stuff really does the trick!

9. John Freida Brilliant Brunette Multi-Tone Revealing Moisturising Shampoo/Conditioner 
You know those hair commercials on TV where the women have glowing hair that's wavy, voluminous, blowing in the wind, and is just beyond amazing? That's honestly how my hair turns out when I use this. I have thin hair. I have also never colored it in my entire life. I have tried just about every volumizing shampoo/conditioner combo in the drugstore isle and none have done for my hair what this product has! Truly so amazing. I have tried lots of the John Freida hair products and LOVE them all!

That's all for now! What are y'alls favorite beauty products?
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment